Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1 Week

Kai is 1 week old today.
This is the suitcase that my Grandma Mckean, my mom and I have all taken to the hospital to have our babies. That makes for 16 babies!

We came home from the hospital Friday night to an excited house with probably EIGHT 'Welcome Home' posters made by Annabelle (and a couple by Asa).
Here we are a few minutes after we got home.
The first several days at home Kai barely made a peep so long as he was swaddled. Today he seemed to be content even when he had kicked himself free from blankets. He is a good sleeper, a great eater and an even better snuggler.
On Sunday we went to church (just for Sacrament Meeting). He seemed extra peaceful as he lay awake for most of the meeting.
It has been a wonderful first week. My mother-in-law is here taking care of us all, taking care of all of the regular household duties so that I can take it easy. I hope that the days won't rush by, I am so in love with this little one already!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Tia, you are beautiful. And your little Kai is adorable. I love that generations of women have all used the same suitcase for their confinement, that is a treasure.

Jessi said...

love love love these pics! especially the one of Kai in the suitecase! I can't believe you were up for church! Go Tia! you rick! And you all look beautiful all dressed up and fancy! Having that little baby in the pic makes Asa look extra big! where does time go? Wan't Asa just born?

Steve and Sarah said...

He is so adorable. I hope the days don't rush by either.

The Peterson's said...

He is Beautiful! Snuggle and enjoy!

faith said...

1 week already?! How wonderful. Glad you're enjoying him and especially glad that you are able to take it easy. What a beautiful baby boy.

alma and nicole smith said...

oh congrats you guys!!! i am so happy for you. love that last pic. he is so cute. it makes me even more excited to meet our little guy...although i'm very happy i'm still pregnant :) hope to see you sometime soon. we love you!

JA and co. said...

He's so beautiful...congratulations on baby #3!

Jessie's Jargon said...

You are my hero. You have a beautiful family. Job well done. :)

Growing Up Skye said...

I love that you named him Kai! I love that name! It's the name of a really cool character in this book I've been working on for a long time now. I think he looks like Asa! I'm glad you are happy and doing good! I hope I get to meet your new little one someday!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Congrats! He really is just perfect! What a beautiful family!

Amy said...

I am in love with that little face too! What a sweet baby! I am so excited for you guys!

Andy and Melissa said...

I love your little family!!! Every kid is as cute as the last. So fun! Congrats!